The Collector

What are your dreams?
However embarrassing they may be
Tell me them all
So I may see
Your limits 

One so foolish did share
A dream so grand
For now she has only set
An expectation
With nothing less
Than a leg upon
To stand

What are your dreams?
Tell me them all
However high
However small

A dream is what you see
When you close your eyes my dear
Nothing less and nothing more
Did you trick yourself into believing
Such could actually be achieved?
That must hurt to the core.

Tell me something you haven’t told a soul
So I may take your hope
Feed upon your failure
And leave happy
Feeling whole once more

Did you let down your barrier?
Did I put out your fire?
My dear vulnerable girl
I think I did

Tell me your story
Tell me it all
For I am the collector

The worst of them all.

                                                                                                         © ShayCrinkle 2017

Comments