Sway Baby Sway

It was never meant to be like this
She said to her tree...

We were happy and light
Glowing from within
My light is low now my love
I can barely see its glow in the dark
My heart felt loved many times before
My body, my brain
Worshiped by you
I was satisfied and warm
As were you, I think
My soul feels empty now my love
My heart soar and fluttering

For now we sway baby
Simply and delicately lost 
In a sea of confusion and angst
Drifting, trying to understand what we want
From life, from each other
Hoping that our thoughts will transpire
Through the crystals in our eyes
As our mouths wont allow us to articulate such
Our minds can’t see the wood for the trees

I crave the magic
Feeling whole
To feel your desire for me swell in my bones
To see your eyes want
Pine for me
Cry for me
Sparkle for me
Your lips Smile
Thinking about me
Your hands
Gentle and strong
Write and create treasure for me


You never truly knew the colour of my eyes
I know this now
I must be more attuned to detail
My rivers run deep
Can you see them?
They could feed your roots
If you’d let them
For now
We are just so
You are fine, I think
I don't know



It was never meant to feel this way
For now I slip, I sway
Clinging on to a strand of hope
That one day
We may fall in love all over again.






Shay Crinkle 2015

Comments